This year I have decided to expand on last year’s resolution. 2013 was about getting organized and getting out of my rut. 2014 is about achieving greatness. I plan on doing that by making some changes in my lifestyle and my habits. The biggest change I am committing to is getting to bed by 10pm for 6am wake up days and 9pm for 5am wake up days. This is something I need to do if I want to become an ironman on June 29, 2014. The next 6 months I will be training 6-7 days a week in order to prepare for the race and sleep is the most important part of the training. This change will also be good for achieving greatness.
A few other things I will be doing is
- learning something each week
- saving $1326.00 by following the 52 week saving challenge that has been going around on line
- reading for 3.5 hours each week
- writing for 7 hours a week
- networking at least 2 times per month (I need to figure this one out)
- joining toastmasters
- attend seminars, professional events etc. at least 1 time per month
- file my taxes on time
- Pick up the phone instead of texting at least 50% of the time
As the year goes on I will be adding to my resolutions. As time goes by you learn things therefore adding resolutions is required.
I am looking forward to 2014. Again, I will be funny, silly, bitchy but most importantly myself. So here is to 52 weeks to greatness.