50 and Fabulous
This year for me it is about doing everything better than last year. I will be 50 and fabulous.
I will be a better fundraiser for St. Jude Children’s Hospital. I will live and breath St. Jude’s until race day. I will do everything to be the best fundraiser this year. I started with a fundraiser for my 50th birthday. I will have more great events and I will be fabulous.
I will also get rid of the chaos out of my house and office. I will do that by incorporating some daily routines that I found in an article that I read earlier this week. I will be fabulous.
They are as follows:
- Plan each day the night before: I will check my calendar each night so I know what I am doing so I do not miss things like I am doing now.
- Keep only one to-do list: Instead of lists all over the place I will keep all my to do’s on one list.
- Spend at least 30 minutes going through and addressing emails: This includes erasing junk emails and unsubscribing from them.
- Clear desk of paper piles: I am not sure how I will accomplish this but I have 50 weeks to make this a routine.
- Create a morning routine and an evening ritual. This will include taking my supplements that I struggle to take everyday and start reading again.
- Spend 10 minutes at the end of each day tidying up including putting my shoes away so that on Friday I do not have a pile of shoes by my couch.
- Put clothing in the laundry bin: This should be a lot easier since I took the chair, that used house my clothes, out of my room.
- Never leave dishes in the sink: Self-explanatory
- Open up my mail: This one needs to be done. I cannot tell you how many times I paid stuff late in 2014. That has to stop.
I will be a better triathlete. I will do that by conquering my fear of going downhill fast. I will do that by heading to Clermont on a regular basis and start doing some bridge repeats. I will be fabulous.
I will be a better business owner. I will do that by actually working 40 hours a week. I will finalize my business plan and I will get all my minority certifications. I will also invoice on a regular basis instead of when I need money. I will also get my taxes done by April 15. I will be fabulous.
So now that I have a plan lets see how I do. This should be a very interesting year. Given that I have all these routines that I have to accomplish everyday I am not sure how I will continue my weekly blog so when I figure it out I will include it in my post.
This is the beginning of my third year of blogging and two things I have loved doing is writing about what I learned and the weekly quote so I will continue that this year. For me it is helpful to look at what went wrong and then follow it by some inspiration. I hope you all will enjoy my year of 50 and fabulous. I am so looking forward to it.
Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. – Unknown
Love this quote because I today I made that decision. It is perfect to start 2015.